Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Her days are numbered

Her days are numbered.  No she's not failing, yes she's doing wonderful.  She's running out of CASH.  DAMNIT - She has to pay taxes, there were house repairs and that shortened 4 years to 2 1/2 years.  I could get a reverse mortgage but I need to be sure there is plenty of money if she has to pitch in for the very best place.  I also feel like while she is doing so well she can adjust to an assisted living situation.  So I will spend the next year getting the house ready for sale.  We are doing her landscaping ourselves to save $ - We are going to sell many of the contents to make it easier.  I am going to stay on until the house is sold. 

Mom is gonna transition to an assisted living facility with memory care.  I am going to spend as much time with her as I possibly can.  I am kind of lost as to what I will do when this phase is over.  I could try to work at the facility - or just drive there several times a week to visit.  Hopefully be able to take her out often.  

I am sorry Mom -I really wish I could have done better for you.  I wish I could have moved in here but hubby didn't want to and I do understand that.  I probably wouldn't have wanted to move in with his Mom either.  I know you would be miserable at my house - at least at a facility there will be activities and lots of people around.   I know you are going to be happy - I know you are going to enjoy it and there will be no regrets at all.  It is all going to work out the way it is supposed to.  

I love you so much Mom and I hope when you go to heaven you approve of what I did and what I tried to do for you.  You are my very best friend from the day I was born and forever.  I'm going to put this computer away and take you for a nice walk because that always makes both of us so happy. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why am I so dramatic?

Seriously?!  Everything happens for a reason!  I literally went back to my first Journal Entry on 10/12/20. Her husband went in the hospital...