Wednesday, June 16, 2021

The final heartbreak

September of  2011, Mom, Myself  My Moms sister (her best friend, my favorite Aunty) and her  daughters my cousins were heading to our annual Girls Weekend Away trip.    We knew there would be fun and laughter maybe some yelling, crying, fighting, you really never knew what was in store with us!  Spirited fun loving italian ladies "the kids" with two fun crazy sisters (our Moms) who shared with us their love of shopping and hunting bargains.  We left behind the husbands, children, jobs and responsibilites and  got ready to Shop till we Drop and Party into the night for the weekend. 

This weekend there were secrets revealed one to my Mom and one to all of us.  My Mom confided with us that her marraige of over 35 years was over and that it had been for 6+ years! She had explained that he moved out of their bedroom and into the spare bedroom without an explanation.  I still remember her stroking his neck as they danced to "Look at Us" by Vince Gill at their 25th Anniversary.  My Mom was head over heels for this man, she pretty much devoted her life to him.  She rushed us kids out the door as soon as we were of legal age.  She then wrapped herself up with him and  proceeded to have so much fun and relive her twenties that she missed out on by getting pregnant and ultimately marrying the wrong man.  She begged him to tell her why, what did she do that would cause him to leave and not speak with her. He finally did tell her, although what he had said wssn't true and he wouldn't believe her.  She often said she suspected he had a stroke, or something, she just couldn't wrap her head around it.  They lived a lie for years, it was a long slow tortured time for her,  I feel these years contributed to her withdrawal from life. 

The other secret we weren't privvy to was my Aunts health, she had a brain aneurism.  She confided in my Mom and we found out after Christmas that she was going to have surgery to fix it.  My Aunt died on the table and my mom may as well have died right next to her because life was never the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why am I so dramatic?

Seriously?!  Everything happens for a reason!  I literally went back to my first Journal Entry on 10/12/20. Her husband went in the hospital...